ESS BUTTSTOCK ADJUSTMENT WHEEL
V1.0 May 2018
ESS BUTTSTOCK ADJUSTMENT WHEEL FOR FOLDING BUTTSTOCK
Thank you for purchasing the ESS Folding Buttstock Wheel Addon. The following document will go through the installation of these components into your ESS Chassis and Buttstock.
- Ensure the firearm is unloaded
- Remove the magazine and bolt
- Loosen the two thumb wheels on the side of your buttstock to remove the cheek-riser assembly.
- Remove the cheek-riser from the adjustment plate. To do this remove the screws on the top of the cheek-riser. This will loosen two nuts on the bottom of the plate. Place these somewhere safe, they will be used again.
- Take the included threaded rod and #10 button head cap screw and attached the threaded rod to the adjustment plate as shown. Ensure the flats machined on the side of the threaded rod are within the machined slot on the adjustment plate.
- Attached the wheel addon to the ESS folding buttstock using the two included socket head cap screws.
- Place the included spring washer and regular washers into the grooves of the adjustment wheel. One side of the wheel has two grooves, one for the spring washer and one for the regular washer.
- The other side of the wheel has single groove for a regular washer.
- Place the wheel assembly into the wheel addon. The wheel will work with either side facing up.
- Install your cheek-riser back onto the adjustment plate by using the socket head cap screws and nuts from step 4.
- Thread the cheek-riser onto the buttstock to complete the assembly.